Senior Character Artist
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Character Artist (Respawn Outsourcing Team)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise. We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order and virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and we are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com'/studio.
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Character Artist with exceptional communication skills and an enthusiasm for artist mentorship. Reporting to Respawn's Director of Outsourcing, as a Sr. OS Artist you will work closely with OS art directors, leads, and artists within Respawn's Outsource Department to develop and employ efficient working practices ensuring that all externally authored art content meets the high visual quality bar established by project art direction. Additionally, you will continually look for the most efficient ways to empower the internal artist on their team, and our external partners, to deliver large volumes of content within our tight production schedule constraints, while also maintaining the artistic style and vision our projects are known for.
What you will do…
• Align with game team partners on high-level vision and high-level direction.
• Lead, guide, and educate external art teams on visual quality, technical specifications, process and workflows.
• Own the quality control of incoming assets and manage the feedback and approvals.
• Manage Respawn OS Art team and coordinate with DD partners in at least one domain.
• Support partner team DD's in OS Art Production roadmap and capacity planning.
• Assist the OS AD in internal OS training, as well as defining and documenting OS best practices.
• Coordinate with OS Development Manager and Manager of External Development on addressing vendor gaps, quality issues, scheduling or changes in scope.
• Create and critique briefs and production packages for OS Production.
• Coordinate content reviews and provide visibility with internal stakeholders on an as needed basis.
• Assist the OS AD in internal OS training.
• Work with the OS AD in defining and documenting OS best practices.
• Polish and integrate external content on an as needed basis.
• Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and facilitates solutions at all levels in the organization.
Ideally, you will have...
• An experienced eye for artistic quality and detail with the ability to breakdown and communicate complex feedback and art direction clearly using visual, verbal, and written medium.
• The patience, temperament, and creative-thinking, and communicative adaptability required to help ensure constant alignment with external partners often separated by distance, language, and cultural aspects.
• Experience working directly with external service providers.
• An understanding of OS risks or requirements. Communicate effectively on behalf of the partner teams to internal stakeholders.
• The best people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, whether internal Respawn or external partners, and respect for others' time.
• 5+ years of AAA game experience.
• 3D Generalist sensibilities with the ability to constructively evaluate and critique weapons, vehicles, props, and environment assets and expert knowledge of foundational art principles.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com'/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.