Los Angeles, CA
Producer (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com'/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Producer who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who can facilitate communication across the team, support cross-functional workflow dependencies, identify and mitigate risks, and be a key component in our team hitting our development goals.
What you'll do…
• Perform as a key member of the Production team. Help ensure smooth development processes by acting as a conduit of communication between departments, and making sure schedules are on point with team and project needs.
• Own the character art pipeline and delivery of assets internally and externally with outsourcing partners.
• Collaboration with leads on capacity planning and schedule management for multiple disciplines.
• Facilitate day to day communication between leads and disciplines.
• Identify and help alleviate any discrepancies between department schedules and productivity towards milestones. Keep track of dependencies and raise red flags as needed.
• Constantly evaluate whether awareness is being maximized and adjust strategy as needed.
• Work directly with department leads to help prioritize needs.
• Record and track feature requests and follow up to determine feasibility within various departments.
• Help identify scope concerns and roadblocks and effectively communicate to leadership with possible solutions.
• Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
• Constantly evaluate and iterate to improve production and development processes.
Ideally you will have…
• Experience as an Producer on AAA game'/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
• 5+ years' experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
• Deep understanding of character creation pipeline.
• Experience working with outsourcing partners.
• Off the charts communications skills.
• Growing knowledge of game development, and a strong willingness to learn.
• Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
• Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
• Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
• Smart with strong intuition.
• Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and Shotgun.
• Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
• Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time.
• Intense passion for video games.
• Sense of personal responsibility for knowing everything that is happening with the game, playtesting, etc.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com'/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.