Associate Technical Narrative Designer
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Narrative Game Designer (Star Wars Team)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Narrative Game Designer to join our Star Wars team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about third-person action-adventure games and experienced in implementation of narrative-focused gameplay systems. We are picturing someone with strong narrative sensibilities who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do…
• Help develop compelling, engaging, and immersive narrative game experiences.
• Explore and adapt new ways to bring characters to life with a practical approach that blends into, or seamlessly with, gameplay.
• Synthesize viewpoints and constraints from across the team into a clear vision of a feature that you are proud to champion.
Ideally, you will have…
• 3+ years professional experience in the games industry working as a designer, shipping at least one title.
• A strong understanding of Unreal 4 including blueprints scripting and sequencer.
• Familiarity with AI systems including animation state machines and behavior trees.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.