MTX Producer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced MTX Producer who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who can facilitate communication across the team, support cross-functional workflow dependencies, identify and mitigate risks, and be a key component in our team hitting our development goals. Reporting to Production leadership, you will be entrusted with directly overseeing select development pipeline(s) and managing cross-functional impacts, schedules, and communication across the team.
What you'll do...
• Be a leader on the Production team.
• Collaborate with devs, leads, fellow producers and directors on capacity planning and schedule management for our overall MTX asset pipeline.
• Focus on development processes, identifying inefficiencies and introducing production and development process improvements.
• Be a conduit of communication between departments, and provide support to the team for all things related to MTX content - ie. own the MTX asset pipeline from a production point of view.
• Work closely with the Production team as well as the Product, Marketing and Branding leads/directors, identifying and informing the team of any issues or needs.
• Look at long term strategies for any potential roadblocks or upcoming risks and proactively address them.
• Partner with our OS department and internal teams to properly communicate asset requests, help drive milestones and ensure that deadlines are met to safely deliver content.
• Drive features from initial requests through release.
• Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
• Identify and resolve team issues.
• Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department, and help define and encourage production best practices.
Ideally, you will have...
• Experience as an Producer on AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
• 3+ years' experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
• Strong communications and organizational skills.
• Growing knowledge of game development, and a strong willingness to learn.
• A good understanding of content development pipelines (modeling, animation, VFX, etc.) as well as external development / OS best practices.
• A knack for scheduling and long term roadmapping.
• Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
• Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
• Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
• Smart with strong intuition.
• Familiarity with Jira and Confluence - added bonus : basic Shotgun knowledge.
• Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
• Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time.
• Intense passion for video games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.