Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Live Ops Technical Designer (Apex Legends)
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for an experienced Technical Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you'll do..
• Work with our player base, solving problems, diagnosing the root cause of tricky issues our players experience, and implementing solutions.
• Communicate directly with players, advocating for changes and fixes on their behalf, helping tune our matchmaking systems to maximize engagement and that feeling of ''just one more game''
• Work on small teams and have ownership of your work.
• Craft every detail with purpose to enhance the gaming experience.
• Work with other designers and disciplines such as code, vfx, and art.
As a Live Ops Technical Designer, You will have:
• Empathy for the Players -nurture and develop the relationship between our players and the dev team
• Strong Problem Solving Skills - share stories diagnosing tricky bugs and issues from incomplete data, steps to solve the problems and the systems put in place to make sure that the same problem would never trouble players again
• Design Experience and Insight - what worked well, what you would change in hindsight, and what you learned
• Openness to team members' ideas, incorporating suggestions to tailor your work towards what's best for the game
Whether it's professional or personal work, we'd like to see examples in your portfolio that you developed from concept to finish. Showcase your strong game design skills:
• Creative usage of constraints
• Technical skills
Ideally, you also will have...
• 3+ years professional experience as a designer for games, as a scripter or systems designer in a live-service game.
• Fluency in one or more scripting or programming languages.
• Experience in communicating to players in an official capacity.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• A cool head and the ability to work under time pressure and limited resources.
• Deep player expertise in one or more game genres.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.