Live Development Director (Apex Legends Mobile)
Live Development Director / QA Manager (Apex Legends Mobile)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We're looking for an accomplished Development Director / QA Manager to join our Mobile team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. We're picturing someone who is experienced in mobile game development, passionate about quality and eager to protect the live player experience. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Development Directors are the owners for a product or major service/feature. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality. You will strategizing for the QA business on the project, performance managing the development of those plans from pre-production all the way to post-launch activities.
You will report to the Development Director overseeing the project.
What the Development Director Will Achieve at EA:
• Develop reporting, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge to our teams.
• Collaborate and help create the Quality Plan while leading the Live Pillar; you determine a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
• Form relationships within the QA teams, vendors, and all development partners.
• Improve the efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
• Communicate risks, concerns, and successes to your team.
Does This Describe You?
• You have 5+ years of managerial experience managing leads or managers.
• Experience working with a dynamic live service or GaaS on a large AAA title or fast pace mobile game.
• Knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
• Experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and managing external teams.
• Experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; be able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
• Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have
• Understanding of server infrastructure, micro-transactions and testing methodologies would be idea.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g39p4n-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.