Respawn Entertainment is looking for a Games Security Analyst to help support anti-cheat initiatives for Apex Legends. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of multiplayer games, anti-cheat philosophies, and who is passionate about security principles and keeping games fair.
What You'll Do...
• Work with teams across EA to effectively guide the use of resources in the battle against cheaters.
• Document and propose new internal processes or improvements.
• Assist in the planning & implementation of new security projects and processes.
• Monitor various metrics and KPIs to identify bad behaviors impacting the health of the game.
• Investigate, document, and communicate about reported cheaters, cheats, exploits, and any other bad behavior that affects the game.
• Monitor the landscape of cheaters and cheat communities to document the latest trends and activities, as well as raising flags when needed to alert others.
You Will Have...
• Familiarity of different types of cheats and how they work, particularly for FPS games.
• Experience with anti-cheat technologies.
• General understanding of how online games work, including rendering, networking, and databases.
• Experience querying datasets with SQL.
• Excellent communication skills, especially translating between individuals with and without strong technical knowledge.
You'll Get Bonus Points if You Have...
• Project management experience
• Basic knowledge of a programming language that can be used for scripting, such as Python
• Familiarity with account security and account takeover activities
• Experience working with customers for account or security related concerns
• Experience with a live product in development and/or publishing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojz43-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.