Game Designer - Apex Legends Mobile
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
As a Game Designer reporting to the Lead Game Designer, you will create content and features, ensuring your work aligns with our business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players. You have experience working on a live, mobile game, with preference being given to those with experience working on Action or Shooter projects. You will demonstrate an understanding of games and player compulsion, and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres.
You are a die-hard advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality, thematic content and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a diverse environment.
We've also developed a strong work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short-term, for employees to work remotely.
• Play the game and become an expert of the game.
• Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
• Create IP-correct characters, events, and mechanics.
• Develop ideas for content, gameplay, and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle.
• Partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
• Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
• Take part in playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
• Create and maintain design templates.
• Guide change through research and live data.
• Prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
• Have 4+ years of game design experience.
• Are an active player of mobile Battle Royale games.
• Experience working on a mobile F2P game or other similar live game.
• Experience with metagame design, social gameplay, and endgame activities highly desirable.
• At least 1 shipped title.
• Current on industry trends including: new game genres, and new game design methods.
• Proficiency with Google Docs, wikis (e.g., Confluence), and wireframing (e.g., Balsamiq, Adobe XD) advantageous.