Senior Software Engineer Game AI
Los Angeles, CA
Development Manager (Star Wars Team)
Development Manager (Star Wars)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You will work alongside development team at Respawn to build and assist in streamlining a strong Quality Assurance.
The role covers coordinating Development QA and Offsite testing while helping to push Defect Prevention/Containment, Automated Testing and Tech Driven solutions and whitebox testing.
You will ensure the QA plans are supported by the correct structure and skills and an effective organization and ownership split that ensures everyone is fully utilized and the structure is focused on upstream bug prevention through tools/automation and development alignment rather than black box testing.
It will be critical to have the skills to be able to track multiple deliverables, both locally and remotely, and rapidly change plans and process as needed to react to changing priorities.
The role requires you to have strong Project Management and Communication skills in order to coordinate work between multiple sites and time zones. You will need to ensure that all assigned groups are clear on plans, deliverables and what Development regard as success criteria.
Additionally, you should have an interest in video games with an awareness of Star Wars to work alongside a highly motivated Development Team.
• You will work with internal/external studios and our QA teams to determine and agree on quality assurance standards procedures and specifications
• As the team develops, you will collaborate with Development to define the needs and help build a solid Quality Engineering discipline to support the quality tool and automation needs for the project.
• You will work with the QV leadership team to contribute to short and medium term QV strategy
• You are professional/career management for QA members both internal and external
• You will work on-site with QA testers and lead to establishing processes, workflows, and systems
• You will challenge existing testing methodologies and processes to help us achieve better releases and post-release support
• You will report to the Development Manager.
• 5+ years as a QA Manager at a games company
• Experience working on a large AAA title in a QA Leadership role
• Experience working with teams that use engine (Frostbite, Unreal, etc.) tools, editors, and/or automation to improve QA workflows is a bonus.
• Experience of working with distributed teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software development and QA processes.
• A passion for video games!
• You are a flexible individual, who can adapt QA processes to the critical requirements of the product team.
• You are driven to develop new methodologies to track quality that put the player first.
• You are always looking for opportunities to work in new ways and improve and evolve process
• You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and can tailor the right reporting style for different tasks and audiences.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.