Development Manager (Apex Legends)
About Respawn Entertainment
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create ground-breaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Development Managers Are the owners for a product or major service/feature. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality. This entails scoping and strategizing for all aspects of the QA business on the project, and performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities.
What the Development Manager Will Achieve at EA:
• Define and implement metrics, reporting mechanisms, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge
• Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
• Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams and all development partners.
• Improve efficiency/effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
• Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
Does This Describe You?
• Multiple years of managerial experience with some of those managing leads or managers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
• Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and managing across multiple studio teams.
• Previous experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
• Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have but not required.
• Understanding of server infrastructure, micro-transactions and testing methodologies would be ideal.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22b32-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.