The Challenge Ahead:
The Predictive Data Scientist Analyst will be a part of the Studio Data and Insights (SDI) team stationed at Respawn Entertainment in the greater Los Angeles area. They will work directly with various game teams and their partners to analyze and provide insights to make the game more fun for players.
What a Predictive Data Scientist does at EA:
You will work with team leaders from our Product Management, Tools Engineering, and Data Products teams. As part of the Game Development Framework, you will play a critical role in various titles throughout their lifecycle. From pre-launch simulations of player behavior to post-launch forecast tooling, you will have a significant impact on how we look ahead using our existing data.
As part of the Studio Data and Insights team, you will collaborate with peers from all over the world (Redwood Shores, Vancouver, Stockholm, etc) and from several other analytics teams (Data Science, Analytics Solutions, Data Products, etc). You will get hands on experience building tools that help predict player behavior on both the micro and macro levels, as well as presenting insights-based data modeling to a wide variety of stakeholders.
The next great EA Predictive Data Scientist has:
• 2+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis. Strong knowledge of time series, regression analysis and neural networks
• Time Series Expertise: Prophet, AutoTS, tsfresh, or others
• Simulation Experience: Agents-based, MCMC, Stochastic Differential Equations, or others
• Advanced querying ability using large disparate datasets
• Strong communication skills with the ability to understand various perspectives
• Excellent visualization skills and ability to present to non-technical audience
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
Benefits & Perks
We strive to keep our employees happy and healthy. Here is a sneak peek at some of what we offer…
Wellbeing for You and Your Family
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Health, and other welfare plans.
• Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
• Paid time off, as well as holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
• Generous parental leave for new parents.
• Other perks include emergency backup child care program, adoption assistance, legal services, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
• Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
• 401K with company match and no vesting period.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
• Other perks include education assistance and commuter benefits.
• Game room with a pool table, ping pong, foosball, arcade and tabletop games.
• Fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, breakfast, snacks, and more.
• Convenient meal order service for on-site lunch deliveries.
• State of the art onsite gym with 24/7 access.
• Onsite company-sponsored yoga, strengthening, and other fitness classes.
• Onsite massages and car washes.
• Mocap stage for use by development teams.
• Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
• Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties, food trucks, tournaments, movie screenings, game conventions, and launch parties.
• A variety of interest groups and outdoor activities to join with other Respawn Employees: table top games club, poker club, beer club, kit-bashing club, running/hiking, biking, basketball, and soccer among others.
• Opportunities for volunteering, donating to causes (with company match), and giving back to the community.
• Friendly, caring co-workers and management.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkz4j0-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.