Senior Software Engineer Generalist
Los Angeles, CA
Development Tester (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
The Development Tester role applies both black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify issues throughout the whole lifetime of a project. They will review designs early and often to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates. They will generate and adjust test plans, which requires strong test strategies and experience with challenge the product to ensure a very high level of quality is achieved.
This is a 12-month temporary role
• Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently. Focus on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs
• Develop in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
• Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
• Analyze and report potential risks of features and systems and escalate as appropriate
• Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
• Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
• Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
• Capture and update key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
• Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
• Game engine experience
• Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
• Strong observational skills, analytical and results-oriented
• Strong problem-solving skills, and a passion to learn.
• Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
• 3+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.