Development Manager- (Apex legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
What's in it for you?
Respawn is looking for a Development Manager to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends managing a Live QA team.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be a primary QA Development Manager for our live services team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end quality planning, managing of team members, and continued evolution of our live services testing strategy.
You will ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Director.
What skills do we look for?
You have 5+ years of managerial experience working with a mix of local, off-site/remote, and external teams. You understand testing methodologies, including processes of high-functioning Quality Assurance teams. You have a knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement. You have a specific background in AAA game development, with a focus in Live Services.
• Defining, implementing, and evolving metrics, reporting mechanisms, and communication of processes and knowledge to the teams.
• Help evolve a QA or development team, with a focus on expanding team capabilities and responsibilities.
• Improve the effectiveness of a QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, and development of new test tools.
• Form relationships across QA and development teams, vendors, and other essential partners.
• Communicate risks, concerns, and successes to partners.
• Mentor team members through the use of constructive feedback, to guide their career development and progression.
• Collaborate and help create an overall Quality Plan, including defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, and communicating the plan and an overall test strategy.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojz54-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.