Development Manager (Apex Mobile)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
A Development Manager is the keeper of the project schedule and helps move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will report to a Development Director II, and partner with Producers, Product Managers, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that the project is managed on time, top quality, and within budget.
You Have Experience in the following:
• Creating project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within time, resource, and financial constraints.
• Developing working relationships with the immediate team and those outside of the immediate team has an effect on the successful completion of the project.
• Communicating with the project team and coordinating requirements with external partner teams and other external stakeholders.
• Visualizing and articulating the status of your project for any audience.
• Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project level.
• Identify and report risks and develop mitigations for them.
• Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
• Resolve roadblocks for the team to enable them to do their best work.
• Guide continuous team improvement through retrospectives and motivation.
• Track and communicate progress while striving for transparency.
• 2+ years of experience working as a project/team manager.
• 2+ years of experience working in a creative tech environment; live service, mobile game development ideal.
• Education requirement University degree bachelors or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
• Interest in learning and applying new concepts.
• A high degree of initiative, self-starter, looks for opportunities to make improvements.
• Experience working on a live service, mobile game team.
• Bilingual fluency in Mandarin and English.
• Experience with JIRA/JaaS and/or Airtable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9q93-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.