Senior Technical Artist
Remote / Virtual
Development Director (Apex Mobile)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming to join our Apex Mobile team. You will support the resource and project plan, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation.
You are someone who understands the challenges of making complex projects with multi-disciplined, distributed teams and the inherent elements of uncertainty and risk that accompany this. You are a force multiplier for the team.
• Build and maintain an effective working schedule to ensure that project development milestones are delivered on time.
• Build a collaborative relationship with each member of the development team.
• Anticipate and communicate problems and roadblocks to ensure project goals and milestones can be met.
• Manage change requests and advise key stakeholders on their effect on project schedule, budget, and resourcing.
• Maintain regular communication with the game team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners and gather their requirements.
• Work on development processes and methodology and look for ways to improve efficiency.
• 4+ years of experience working as a project/team manager
• 2+ years of experience working in a creative tech environment; live service, mobile game development ideal.
• University bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
• Interest in learning and applying new concepts.
• High degree of initiative, self-starter, looks for opportunities to make improvements.
• Experience working with high performing data visualization and engineering teams.
• Experience working with 3rd party developers.
• Experience with JIRA/JaaS and/or Airtable.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbevok-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.