Destruction Artist - Temporary (Star Wars Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Destruction Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, in-game environment destruction.
What you'll do…
• Break up environment geometry and run Maya or Houdini dynamic simulations of their destruction.
• Preserve existing UV information and generate new UVs as needed after fragmenting the geometry.
• Set up objects for real-time destructibility using Physics and Destruction.
• Placement and creation of particles for destructible objects and other effects.
• Ensure that dynamic effects run within established game-engine operating parameters, and scaling level of detail as needed to accomplish this.
• Implement physics simulations into Unreal Engine using Blueprints.
• Work in other disciplines in down-time, such as prop modeling, texturing, or particles.
• Provide feedback to tools programmers and coordinate efforts with other dynamic artists to streamline methods and improve efficiency.
• Work closely with designers to fine-tune the timing of complex interactive dynamic effects.
• Create cloth motion simulations, and fine-tune them for aesthetic effect.
• Coordinate with Environment Artists to seamlessly integrate dynamic effects into environments.
Ideally, you'll have…
• 1+ years' experience in games as a Destruction Artist.
• Extensive experience working with Maya dynamics or Houdini, including cloth.
• Experience with Houdini is a plus.
• Proficiency with Maya modeling and UV tools.
• Experience working within Unreal Engine and implementing Destruction Animation, including Blueprint scripting.
• A great eye for what is cool and a good sense of environment animation timing.
• Basic to intermediate understanding of rigging is a plus.
• Mel/Python scripting experience is a plus.
• Must provide samples or a demo reel showing applicable experience or take a Destruction Test.
• Passion for making and playing games.
• Shipped AAA game(s) a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk7bm-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.