PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design; and VICE NEWS, a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly newscast.
Refinery29 x Team:
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power by providing optimistic and diverse creativity & thought-provoking storytelling. We deliver style and substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices and destinations, from original video and editorial features, to live experiences and social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, for more information and to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You will have a commitment to the mission of the R29 brand and will be an advocate for the brand ethos to hold space for underrepresented communities and voices.
Role x You:
Refinery29 is looking for a highly effective and engaging sales and revenue leader with a laser focused approach to revenue generation, and a mindful and passionate brand builder committed to driving thought leadership and excellence throughout the VMG digital line of business.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for translating the R29 Brand & Editorial vision into a strategic roadmap for how we devise, convert and execute the R29 proposition in the marketplace to drive revenue and opportunity for the digital line of business.
• Responsible for the direct management of the Refinery29 sales team.
• Drive forward the generation & conversion of revenue opportunities across our media, content and intelligence products, setting and monitoring lead generation, meeting frequency, and opportunity generation goals, and ultimately accountable for the delivery of the combined revenue goals of the VMG UK sales team.
• Strategically approach and create plans for the growth and development of existing and potential large scale advertiser relationships from a short, medium and long term perspective
What You Have:
• The ability to represent the R29 brand and its values both internally and externally, working with senior and executive stakeholders across the client and agency landscape, to maintain the positive perception and understanding of the Refinery29 offering.
• Confidence in scoping new business opportunities, as well as pitching, closing and executive on large scale deals with the world's most well known brands on highly strategic accounts.
• A passion for solving complex marketing challenges, an obsessive focus on customer service, and a deep knowledge of how to package and sell a suite of core products including digital video, mobile, experiential and social.
To Be Successful Here You Are:
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
• Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
• Inspired to push boundaries and be a thought leader In the short term
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE:
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.