Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to play a key role in developing procedural workflows that enhance and streamline art content creation and implementation for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a dependable core contributor, 'self-starter' teammate who thrives on creating custom-tailored procedural tools to help level designers and artists develop and support an evergreen title enjoyed by over ninety million gamers across the globe. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, and strong communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion of technical art techniques, improving development pipelines, and delivering quality tools.
• Create tools within Maya/Houdini/Substance/Photoshop to support and push forward workflows across the various art disciplines (Environment, Props, Terrain, Vehicles, and Foliage).
• Be a proactive self-starter that can identify and solve problems with little oversight before they affect the Art team.
• Collaborate with Artists, Designers, and Engineers as part of wider global effort working on interconnected tools and systems.
• Provide general support for Art team through documentation, sharing solutions, and imparting knowledge.
• Follow best practices and actively advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• 3+ total years in the games industry as a Tech Artist with at least 1 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• Proven ability for providing innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout art production.
• Passionate and egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Strong coding/scripting skills
• Strong experience and understanding with multiple major 3D and 2D packages (Houdini, Maya, and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Impressive problem-solving and strong communication skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Strong portfolio showing relevant examples of your work.
• Experience with Maya OpenAPI, MaxScript, wxPython, PyQt, and P4Python.
• Experience with integrated solutions such as RealityCapture, Simplygon, Substance, etc.
• Experience using source control software (i.e. Perforce, Git) and working on a code base collaboratively.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds.
Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkke8k-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.