Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to develop, implement and tune player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. You are a self-sufficient, fire and forget teammate who takes ownership of tasks, proactively and independently solve challenges, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position actively partners with a variety of internal and external partners. Excellent and persuasive communication skills are a must. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver a world-class player experience.
• Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure an authentic experience.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
• Clearly and effectively pitch designs and features using multimedia tools.
• Work in Radiant to create play-spaces that are engaging and immersive.
• Mentor fellow Designers.
• Play builds of games in-progress and provide concise and prioritized feedback to both internal teams and external partners.
• Interface with other teams to ensure level requirements and plans are understood.
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process spanning all facets of the game.
• Work closely with our user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert feedback.
• 5+ years in the games industry working in a level design capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• A strong understanding of geometry building, flow, and layout
• Ability to lead by example.
• Impressive communication skills.
• Solid understanding of level design with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Hunger for gaming (especially online) with a broad range of game experience.
• Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the F2P games space.
• Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
• Experience with visual software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmqe0-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.