Senior Destruction Artist
Sr Foliage Artist
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to develop cutting-edge, realistic foliage content for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient, 'fire-and-forget' teammate who takes ownership of critical foliage development tasks, proactively and independently solve challenges, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, and excellent and persuasive communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion for crafting realistic vegetation and plants of all types and using your technical art knowledge to improve foliage creation pipelines and tool sets.
• Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver epic foliage and vegetation content for world-class player experiences.
• Spearhead foliage R& D efforts, champion best practices, and advocate for streamlining tools and processes.
• Work in Radiant to augment play-spaces with artwork that supports game and story objectives.
• Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
• Inspire and mentor others as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
• Encourage others to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• 5+ total years in the games industry developing environments and foliage assets in an art capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• Passionate and egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Strong understanding of creating art assets in multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya, ZBrush, Substance Suite, Marvelous Designer and Photoshop) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Understanding and exposure to foliage motion systems.
• Proven experience with SpeedTree, PBR material creation techniques, and Photogrammetry capture/processing methods.
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Ability to lead by example.
• Impressive communication and strong problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Inspiring portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic foliage and current gen 2D/3D asset creation with full LoD-chains.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Experience rendering foliage in high density and across large environments in open world or sandbox genres.
• Experience with Maya OpenAPI, MaxScript, wxPython, PyQt, and P4Python.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds.
Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.