Senior VFX Artist
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a talented and passionate Senior VFX Artist to join our high-caliber team. This position will play a key role in the creative design, asset management, and technical implementation of visual effects and design.
To earn this spot, you have experience delivering high-quality VFx art, fierce art skills in composition and modeling, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of FPS gameplay/landscape, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
• Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
• High standards of artist skill in creating texture assets for effects.
• A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects .
• Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools.
• Creatively solving technical issues that arise.
• Working with Level Designers and Team Leads to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
• At least 2 to 3 years of next-gen visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware.
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
• An intimate knowledge of Art skills (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting).
• Advanced understanding of how to create textures for games.
• Advanced understanding of the limitations of runtime effects and how to get the best results.
• Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
• High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
• Specialty post-production work for game cinematics.
• Experience with After Effects.
• Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Secondary education, Bachelors of Fine arts or equivalent.
• Ability to assist with other art tasks, including light 2d, 3d, or concept tasks.
• Strong understanding of real-time physics systems.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, generous benefits, highly-skilled teammates, affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.