Senior Core Engineer
As a Rendering Engineer you will be optimizing, enhancing, and developing new rendering systems on top of the foundation of Call of Duty's AAA engine technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes our graphics technology and puts our upcoming Call of Duty titles on the visual cutting-edge.
You will be developing the graphics systems for our shipping products as well as improving the workflows of our development team. You will need to be proficient in writing efficient and clean C/C++ code. Qualified candidates will need to have a background in graphics engine development and related subsystems. This includes a fluency with modern graphics techniques, GPUs, graphics APIs, shaders, multi-threading, memory management, performance, and optimizations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, optimize, and debug rendering engine systems
• Deploy, evaluate performance, and test software on all supported platforms
• Communicate features and development with production, engineering, design, and art teams
• Participate in the performance and code review process
• Collaboration and co-development with other engineering and art teams
• Report to the Lead Graphics Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• Experience developing and optimizing graphics systems
• Understanding of computer architecture, GPUs, and memory systems
• Strong programming background in C/C++
• Experience writing shaders (HLSL or equivalent)
• Development experience with a current generation platform (console, PC, and/or mobile)
• Solid debugging skills, including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
• 3+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
• Strong background in 3D math
• Passion for games and graphics technology
• Shipped at least one game title
• Demonstrated work with modern consoles, profilers and toolchains
• Experience with PS4 GNM, Direct3D 12 and/or Vulkan APIs
• Familiarity with physically based rendering/lighting
• Background in collaborating and iterating with artists on graphics features
About Raven Software
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71jkp-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.