Senior Technical Artist
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to develop signature art assets specifically developed to reward millions of gamers with intuitive, engaging, and gratifying gameplay experiences for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient gameplay-minded artist who thrives on taking ownership of critical art tasks, enjoys challenges and the iterative process, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You also have an agile and flexible mindset with excellent persuasive communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion for crafting fun and fascinating gameplay models (drops, rewards, and in-game interactive items) that assist and enhance new game features, modes, and events.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can execute high-level art direction with little oversight.
• Collaborate with other departments (gameplay engineering, design, animation, art, VFX, and UI/UX) to create fully functional gameplay content for world-class player experiences.
• Work in Radiant to playtest, review, and finalize content functionality and game mechanics with a Player First mindset.
• Learn and maintain best practices for asset creation and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
• Encourage peers to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• 3+ total years in the games industry working in an asset artist capacity, with at least 1 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Proven ability to create high-quality assets utilizing multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Impressive communication with strong problem-solving and time-management skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• A solid understanding for how modern game art and design come together to drive gameplay mechanics and encourage player interaction.
• Strong portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to creating stunning and realistic models as game ready 2D/3D assets.
• Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows.
• Passion for Warzone and the Call of Duty franchise.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
• Knowledge of task-tracking software and tools (e.g., Jira, Shotgun, etc.).
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds.
Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7pno-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.