As an Operations Engineer you will be part of the team that ensures our product releases are consistently high-quality, stable, and reliable. Also, you will play a key role in supporting and empowering our engineering and content teams, enabling them to deliver a world class gaming experience.
In some cases, you can directly solve problems, and in others you can connect the right developers to resolve issues. By surveying our automated testing and continuous integration tools, you can prevent or minimize downtime by making developers aware of new breakage. You will help investigate crashes and errors in both the development and live environments.
You will play a role in mentoring a growing team in the engine, tools, and pipeline work. Also, you will identify areas where improvements can be made and promote change to make development more efficient. You will be on the front lines of ensuring our studio is operating and functioning at its peak capacity!
A qualified candidate needs to be agile and a self-starter. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Participate in the code review process
• Ensuring that our product releases our highly reliable and consistently high quality
• Assist developers with issues they encounter while performing their work
• Identify underlying issues for developers and our players
• Spend time solving small to mid-size issues
• Monitor our continuous integration and pursue breakage highlighted by automated testing
• Investigate crashes and errors from dumps and logs
• Train new hires on architecture, debugging, tools and pipelines
• Suggest ways to improve our efficiency
• Contribute and improve internal documentation on tools and processes
• Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
• Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
• Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++
• 3+ years professional experience in software engineering
• Passion for low-level programming, validation, and verification
• Background with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
• Experience with issue tracking and documentation tools (JIRA, ZenDesk, Confluence, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, focused, passionate
• Growth oriented and desire to keep improving
• Team motivated
• Passion for games
• Game development background
• Experience writing and debugging software in C# and/or Python
• Customer service experience
About Raven Software
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k4z1-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.