Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We're based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly inventive, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. Do you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
The Lead UI/UX Designer role requires outstanding technical knowledge of the processes and tools for designing and crafting in-game UI design and art, experience directing and coordinating with others in the creation of all types of UI/UX deliverables.
You will be responsible for the execution of user experience design flow, from wireframe concepts or prototypes, to implementation of concepts and asset creation for engineering-using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, and/or After Effects. Experience in additional UI/UX prototyping tools or platforms is a bonus.
This role will report to the UI Director, and will be expected to lead a group of designers and artists, collaborating with other leads, engineers, and gameplay designers to build systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be an exceptionally creative problem solver, a good communicator, positive team member and one who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games with an intuitive UI for the user.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• UI/UX design development across projects and features
• Drive design processes within the department, and in coordination with external collaborators
• Work with other managers, designers, departments, and collaborating studios, to organize and define functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
• Develop, drive, and communicate the vision for UI/UX concepts within the team and across the organization
• Create & Implement UX design and UI art within defined look & feel.
• Develop, direct, and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
• Provide direction and feedback on art and design work in a constructive manner.
• Use in-house tools as appropriate and guide improvement of the team's pipelines and toolset.
• Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks for one's own work, and the team's, to meet established timelines.
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design from a 4 year program or equivalent level of UI design experience required.
• 5 + years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
• Experience managing, leading, or directing other designers and artists
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $111,780.00 - $206,882.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzxv0-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.