As our Lead Developer Support Engineer you will manage the team that is responsible for assisting our developers with technical problems encountered using our tools and running our titles. You will play a leading role in empowering our engineering and content teams, enabling them to deliver a world class gaming experience.
In some cases, you can directly solve problems, and in others you can connect the right developers to resolve issues. By surveying our automated testing and continuous integration tools, you can prevent or minimize downtime by making developers aware of new breakage. You will help investigate crashes and errors in both the development and live environments.
You will play a role in helping new hires learn how the tools and pipeline work. Also, you will identify areas where improvements can be made and promote change to make development more efficient. You will be on the front lines of ensuring our studio is operating and functioning at its peak capacity!
A qualified candidate needs to be a leader who is agile and a self-starter. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Leading a team of Dev Support Engineers
• Mentorship, scheduling, and performance reviews of reports
• Participate in the code review process
• Interviewing and hiring
• Assist developers with issues they encounter while performing their work
• Search out and identify the underlying issues for developers
• Spend time solving small to mid-size issues
• Monitor our continuous integration and chase down breakage highlighted by automated testing
• Investigate crashes and errors from dumps and logs
• Train new hires on tools and pipelines
• Suggest ways to improve our efficiency
• Contribute and improve internal documentation on tools and processes
• Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
• Proven aptitude in project management
• Experience managing a team of 3+ engineers
• Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
• Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++, C# and/or Python
• Background with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, focused, passionate
• Growth oriented and desire to keep improving
• Team motivated
• Passion for games
• Game development background
• Customer service experience
About Raven Software
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx1m4z-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.