Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to track, facilitate, and assimilate outsource art assets into fully realized AAA-level game content for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You will work alongside and train with experienced artists and producers, learn best practices, and act as the final gate for quality, performant 3D content. This entry-level position is the perfect opportunity to leverage your organizational and technical skills, enhance your art production capabilities, and be a front-line contributor on an evergreen title enjoyed by over ninety million gamers across the globe. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion for perfecting methods, collaborating with others, and delivering accurate results.
• Work closely with your Lead to meet training expectations and execute technical and aesthetic direction.
• Use custom tools to bring assets in-game, troubleshoot issues, and ensure art is ready for final use and is error-free.
• Correct, enhance, or rework outsource assets as needed to ensure requirements are met.
• Ensure that all outsource files are clean, easy to use, properly organized, and checked in.
• Thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
• Proactively increase your knowledge of new tools, processes, and pipeline best practices.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Proven ability to create quality game assets utilizing multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Passionate and egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Excellent communication skills and a team-player mindset.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented technical aptitude, and strong problem-solving abilities.
• Familiar of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Familiar understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Recent portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current gen 2D/3D asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
• Experience working with outsource assets and pipelines in an ongoing production environment.
• Strong understanding of material creation and current gen texture/material pipelines.
• Basic understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines, memory constraints, and development processes.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Background in architecture, design, and/or traditional art.
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds.
Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yn6m-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.