Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to play a key role in crafting immersive and compelling environments for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a dependable core contributor, 'self-starter' teammate who takes ownership of primary art tasks, thrives on challenging growth opportunities, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You also have an agile and flexible mindset, and strong communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most talented and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
• Share your deep passion of crafting realistic environment art and visual narratives.
• Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
• Be a proactive self-starter that can execute high-level art direction with little oversight.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver epic visual content for world-class player experiences.
• Work in Radiant to augment play-spaces with artwork that supports game and story objectives.
• Follow best practices and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
• Encourage artists to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
• Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• 3+ total years in the games industry working in an environment art capacity, with at least 1 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
• Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Proven ability to create high-quality assets utilizing multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
• Impressive communication and strong problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
• Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
• Strong portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current gen 2D/3D asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
• Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows.
• Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
• Strong traditional art foundation.
• History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds.
Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91y67-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.