Gameplay UI Engineer
As a Dev Support Engineer at Raven Software you will be empowering our development teams to deliver a world class gaming experience. You will be responsible for assisting our developers with issues they encounter using tools and running our titles.
In some cases, you can directly solve problems, and in others you can connect the right developers to resolve issues. By surveying our automated testing and continuous integration tools, you can prevent or minimize downtime by making developers aware of new breakage. You will help investigate crashes and errors in both the development and live environments.
You will play a role in helping new hires learn how the tools and pipeline work. Also, you will identify areas where improvements can be made and promote change to make development more efficient. You will be on the front lines of ensuring our studio is operating and functioning at its peak capacity!
Qualified candidates need to be agile and self-starters. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Assist developers with issues they encounter while performing their work
• Triage/diagnose issues users run into, and provide a solution
• Escalate issues up to the appropriate engineering team if out of scope
• Search out and identify the underlying issues for developers
• Spend time solving small to mid-size issues
• Monitor our continuous integration and chase down breakage highlighted by automated testing
• Investigate crashes and errors from dumps and logs
• Train new hires on tools and pipelines
• Suggest ways to improve our efficiency
• Contribute and improve internal documentation on tools and processes
• Report to Lead Software Engineer
• Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
• Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
• Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++ and C#
• Background with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, focused, passionate
• Growth oriented and desire to keep improving
• Team motivated
• Passion for games
• Game development background
• Customer service experience
• Project management skills
About Raven Software
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.