Senior 3D Artist
San Diego, CA
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for an experienced Senior C++ Programmer with a background in UI or full stack development that can help us architect and implement functional, responsive, and portable UI solutions for new and existing IPs. From backend business logic to user-facing systems, you will be instrumental in architecting and maintaining a scalable and reusable interface model, create interactive components that are intuitive as well as extensible, and collaborate with artists and designers to deliver a high quality user experience.
Essential Responsibilities & Job Duties
• Architect, implement, and maintain new and existing interfaces and related systems for Rocket League and/or new projects
• Work with UI/UX Lead, Designers, Artists, and Client/Engine Programmers to create high quality and cutting edge user experiences
• Maintain a clean and optimized UI codebase, ensure consistent coding conventions, and help develop best practices
• Create dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content
• Work with the UI Artists to come up with practical solutions to technical challenges and ensure in-game implementations match mockups and vision
Qualifications & Requirements
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role
• Exceptional C++ programming skills
• Experience working on UI or related systems for projects across a variety of platforms (PC, console, mobile, etc.)
• UE4 development experience
• A solid understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development
• Ability to listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs
• Must work well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
• Working knowledge of UMG, Slate, and/or Blueprint
• Experience and/or interest in building tools
• Unreal Engine experience
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.