San Diego, CA
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for a qualified, self-motivated Software Programmer to help build and maintain cross-platform systems on multiple client environments. Ideal candidates should have significant professional experience designing, programming, and maintaining player-facing software systems using modern technologies and best practices.
As a member of the Client Engineering team at Psyonix, you may contribute in many of the following ways:
• Implementing new functionality from concept to completion on multiple platforms
• Adding support for existing features to new platforms, and maintaining legacy systems on multiple platforms
• Designing and creating technical specifications for major platform features and systems
• Working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and designers to meet the technical requirements of the game design
• Profiling and optimizing performance on multiple platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile
• Debugging programs for multiple platforms including desktop, consoles and mobile
• 5+ years of professional programming experience with C/C++, including at least 2 years working on game clients at an engine level
• Knowledge of platform specific APIs, features, systems, and their respective limitations
• Ability to communicate complex, technical information both in writing and verbally
• Experience architecting game systems that are efficient and easily maintainable while working with vendor specific APIs
• Comfortable with development on Consoles & PC
• Highly self-motivated and able to deliver on strict deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
• 2+ years experience with Unreal Engine 3 / Unreal Engine 4
• Experience working on at least 1 shipped title for Playstation/Xbox/PC/Mobile as a programmer/engineer
• Experience creating online multiplayer games
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.