Psyonix seeks a Senior Animator for our San Diego, California Studio, to produce high quality animations for AAA video games. You will work on a variety of projects while working closely with the Lead Animator and other departments to create highly realistic and detailed animations with convincing performances and motion.
• Implement animations from initial conceptual ideation through to implementation in Unreal Engine using our animation blueprint system.
• Create gameplay animations in Maya using our proprietary art tools.
• Work with the art and design teams to help drive the style and feel of the production animations.
• Create high quality mechanical and character animation content while maintaining industry standards.
• Collaborate with designers and programmers on solving gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
• Collaborate with character/vehicle artists to develop models with proper proportions, mesh topology, and for rigging.
Five (5) years of experience creating animation in the video games industry and all the following:
• Creating high-quality animations for biped, quadruped characters, and cloth.
• Creating and implementing sync-kill animation systems
• Creating and implementing melee and range combat systems.
• Setting up animation trees and state machines.
• Working with designers and engineers on gameplay prototype systems.
• Developing documentation for prototype animation systems.
To qualify, you must submit a resume, have three (3) shipped AAA game titles or equivalent production development, and submit a portfolio demonstrating artistic and technical animation skills highlighting key-framed character animations using Maya, Max, or Motionbuilder.
Applicants must also pass a background check. Multiple openings for this position.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roez66-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.