Mobile Tools Programmer (Rocket League)
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Tools Engineer to work with artists and programmers to maintain and develop tools that will increase our efficiency and expand our capabilities to create the best content. Our ideal candidate is passionate about writing high performance code while implementing new tools and features into the unreal engine to meet other developer needs, and isn't afraid to dive head first into adding or modifying features of an existing AAA game engine. As part of the Psyonix Tools Team, you'll get to work in a collaborative environment on a live game, where the end users of your work can be both developers and game players.
In This Role You Will
• Provide technical support to artists by maintaining and optimizing existing tools and creating new ones as needed
• Analyze and fix common problems in the game engine such as load time, memory usage, and performance problems
• Bug Fix and maintain Unreal Engine 3 and 4's code base
• Design and implement user interfaces for the editor and other in house tools
• Assist artists with product and asset set up as well as troubleshooting issues
What We're Looking For
• 3+ years of game development or equivalent experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or equivalent experience
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as wxWidgets, WPF, QT, Slate
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
• Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
• Mobile game experience, development through launch, preferred
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xko4-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.