San Diego, CA
What you'll do
The marketing department continues to build out its team in order to maintain and expand its ability to support Rocket League's ongoing initiatives, as well future Psyonix projects including Rocket League: Sideswipe. The role would create a dedicated resource to all copy and messaging development needs within the marketing department.
The marketing copywriter will manage and oversee all written copy in conjunction with the other marketing team members, reporting to the Director of Marketing. The role entails daily oversight and management of 1st Party, social, web, paid media, influencer and marketing video/vis ID creative copy needs. The role also includes collaboration with cross-functional publishing teams including Creative Services and Communications. Additional work includes coordination with localization and various versioning and creative vendors.
In this role, you will
• Oversee all marketing-driven written content activities for the Rocket League websites, platform storefronts, metadata and ancillary copy as needed.
• Work with the marketing team to develop messaging and positioning statements for all Go-To-Market plans.
• Assist and collaborate with Creative Media to deliver copy for key art, infographic and trailers/videos.
• Collaborate with social media and marketing teams to optimize copy and messaging for all channels, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
• Coordinate with localization teams to ensure timely delivery of localized copy for necessary marketing materials across web, social, art suites and video.
• Work closely with the marketing and communications teams to develop a consistent and creative copy voice that reflects campaign initiatives and the wider Rocket League brand voice.
• Target search engine optimization with all content; including the use of specific keywords developed in conjunction with the marketing and communications teams
• Interpret creative/messaging direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy concepts.
• Edit, proofread, and improve content provided by outside vendors and partners
• Write informative copy that is interesting, entertaining and engaging.
• Coordinate written copy for necessary marketing survey and research initiatives.
• Review and edit communications copy (blogs, long form articles, press releases) as needed.
• Stay current with industry best practices, while monitoring the content and activity of competing product's marketing voice.
What we're looking for
• 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter, content manager, or editor
• Excellent understanding of digital marketing strategies and tools
• Excellent command of written English and equally outstanding command of verbal English
• A creative mind with the ability to conceive new and varied content that entertains its readers
• Strong self-motivation and work ethic
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency with business-related software, including Microsoft Office, Confluence/Jira, Google App suite and production tools.
• A team-focused outlook with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
• Background in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related fields
• A passion for gaming
• A deep knowledge of Rocket League and previous Psyonix projects and games
• Previous experience on a ''Game as a Service'' title
• A knowledge of the esports and competitive video game scenes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xk9x-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.