San Diego, CA
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for a Game Economy Designer to join our team to design and drive monetization strategies, products, and initiatives that deliver real value to players in Rocket League. The role will
focus on in-game initiatives to increase revenue and conversion while protecting our player-first values. This will be a hands-on role with lots of time spent communicating with the Analytics team for insights from granular player data and working with design and development to find the best monetization
solutions for Rocket League's players.
In this role you will
• Design in-game item shop strategies, bundles, and monetization-related features
• appropriate for Rocket League's unique product and brand
• Propose workable initiatives to analytics, marketing, and development teams that increase revenue while maximizing value for players
• Work with the events and live ops teams to integrate and improve new events with
• monetization opportunities
• Learn from and integrate analytics recommendations for features and future monetization initiatives
• Monitor trends in the game monetization field to inform industry best practices within Rocket League's player-first lens
• Curate ongoing products and systems like the in-game store to maintain or improve ARPU and other primary KPIs
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of experience in game monetization
• Experience building in-game bundles, sales initiatives, and other monetization products
• Thorough knowledge of video games and game economies with deep insight into
• non-destructive game monetization
• Independent and proactive problem solver
• Strong communication skills, where concise and clear observations and proposals are a norm
• Be a finisher by owning initiatives and seeing them through to completion
Nice to have skills
• A veteran Rocket League player that can identify community norms and tolerances with
• in-game monetization as well as what is an attractive purchase to the community
• Experience as a system designer, preferably with game economies
• Some scripting experience
• Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
• Some experience interacting with MySQL and databases
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8m8m-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.