Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class artists from a variety of art disciplines who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Psyonix is seeking a VFX Artist to work on Rocket League and future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in production, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In this role, you will
• Develop complex and visually stunning particle and shader effects
• Create textures, models and shaders to build out effects for in game assets
• Work closely with artists, animators, designers and programmers to implement effects
• Concept, propose, and implement creative ideas for in game content
What we're looking for
• 5+ Years of production experience
• Ability to create assets from scratch and match an established style
• Prior experience in video game development - ideally shipping at least one title
• Experience in Photoshop and 3D packages (3Ds Max or Maya) and real time, in-game FX systems
• Great technical knowledge and familiarity of game engines
• Proficient in optimizing effects and shaders to maintain the game running at target fps
• Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple departments
• Great understanding of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
• Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment, and is able to drive projects to completion
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to accurately estimate tasks and maintain schedules
• Strong communication skills and understanding of various art disciplines in relation to VFX (animation, hard surface, environment)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Familiar with Rocket League
• Worked on a live game
• Strong understanding of real time rendering requirements
• Must be comfortable pioneering new tools and techniques
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22916-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.