Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal
Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for a qualified, self-motivated DevOps Engineer to maintain PsyNet the online backend that powers Rocket League. The ideal candidate should have significant professional experience designing, programming, and maintaining backend software systems using modern technologies and best practices.
In this role you will:
• DevOps - You will own the delivery, scalability, and reliability of our backend platform serving hundreds of thousands of concurrent worldwide users. You will leverage modern DevOps, SRE, & CI/CD practices to engineer systems and processes that automate/minimize operational toil and drive proactive infrastructure improvements to optimize our operational efficiency.
What we're looking for:
• 4+ years of professional software engineering/coding experience relevant to at least one of the areas described above
• Experience designing, developing, testing, & maintaining web services/microservices and APIs
• Proven ability to write and maintain effective technical design documentation
• Proficiency in verbally communicating complex technical concepts
• Experience architecting online systems
• Experience with SQL databases
• SRE experience developing and operating web services at scale
Nice to have:
• Proficiency with C#, PHP or Go
• MySQL experience
• Cloud experience (GCP preferred)
• Docker experience
• Kubernetes experience
IMPORTANT NOTE: Evening, overnight, weekend, holiday and on-call work may be required. You must be available to participate in on-call escalation rotations if needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kq7e-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.