Dev QA Tester (Contract)
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for contract Dev QA Testers to execute test plans and conduct compliance testing to ensure the product meets performance standards and requirements. You will use independent judgment within defined procedures and support the achievement of short-term outcomes of the team. In this role, you will interact with peers and share information amongst the team and other departments. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, dedicated and passionate about games.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Test the functionality and usability of console or iOS and Android application throughout various development phases
• Detect, research and report potential and verified issues
• Verify fixes are implemented correctly throughout the product cycle in both consumer and development environment
• Utilize established defect reporting formats and tracking systems
• Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus
• Work side-by-side with development teams to ensure the title is achieving planned milestones
• Use bug tracking software to record bugs and specific test results
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 years game testing experience
• Solid knowledge of: QA methodologies, terminology, and tools; consoles or multiple mobile hardware platforms and configurations; iOS and Android
• Good understanding of and experience with modern devices and associated software
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to follow directions, remain focused and communicate detailed information clearly
• Strong written and verbal communication, implementation, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organization, time management and analytical skills
• Must be able to learn, comprehend and apply new concepts, techniques and procedures quickly
• Able to work independently or in small teams effectively
• Passion for gaming is a must
• Experience with network testing and client/server interaction
• Experience working in a LiveOps environment
• Familiarity with Jira a plus
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n3mj-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.