San Diego, CA
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class artists across multiple art disciplines who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Psyonix is seeking a Concept Artist to work on Rocket League and future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in production, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In this role, you will
• Create a wide array of concept art for vehicles, props and environments
• Assist 3d Artists with hard surface and organic asset concepts and paintovers
• Conceptualize assets using both real world accuracy and exaggerated elements for compelling results
• Assist with storyboarding for trailers and 3rd party projects
• Adhere to the look and feel of the game through the team's feedback, while collaborating with other departments including design
• Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards
What we're looking for
• 3+ years experience in a production environment
• Proficiency with Photoshop or equivalent software
• Experience with 3d software (Maya, Max, Blender)
• Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments
• Strong foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, form, scale, color and materials
• Attention to development pipelines and target milestones
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
• Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment, and is able to drive projects to completion
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to accurately estimate tasks and maintain schedules
• Strong communication skills and understanding of various art disciplines (animation, hard surface, environment)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Familiar with Rocket League
• Experience working on a large scale, 3D title (PC/Console) or Live Service game
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3oqj-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.