Senior Audio Programmer
San Diego, CA
What we do
Whether it's driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic's production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
Psyonix is seeking an Audio Producer to work on Rocket League and future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in production management, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Audio Director to execute audio production, facilitate the integration of audio into Psyonix games and promotional materials, while working with members of the development, esports and publishing teams
• Oversee audio assets that require multi-discipline collaboration; ensuring the team is aligned throughout development
• Facilitate communication, organization and process improvements
• Resolve workflow obstacles, and help improve the overall workflow
• Create, maintain and track tasks and schedule
• Oversee and maintain external partner relationships
• Triage bugs
• Negotiate business terms, create contract requests and oversee execution with the legal team
• Record meeting notes when needed and translate them into coherent list of action items
• Provide ongoing risk assessments with respect to weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks to schedule and quality
• Manage and execute audio initiatives and special projects
• 5+ Years of production experience
• 2+ years working directly with an audio team or in music production or related field
• Prior experience in video game development - ideally shipping at least one title
• A basic understanding of music licensing
• A basic understanding of audio production
• Self starter able to drive projects to completion
• Experience with overseeing external development work and outsourcing
• Excellent time management skills are a must
• Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong multitasking skills
• Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Positive attitude and passion for making games
• Familiar with Rocket League
• Worked on a live game
• Ability to do very minor audio editing
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.