Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, vehicle and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
What you'll do
Psyonix is seeking an experienced Senior 3D Artist to join our art team. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and has knowledge of game development processes. All applicants must include wireframe models, including textures and breakdown descriptions.
In this role, you will
• Create a wide array of hard surface and organic models
• Have a strong comprehension of design (real world and fictional)
• Work within budget of engine and console limitations
• Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards
• Adhere to the look and feel of the game through the team's feedback
• Collaborate with other departments including design, programming and animation
What we're looking for
• Complete understanding of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through next gen pipeline
• Proficiency with Maya, Max, Substance, Zbrush, Photoshop and equivalent software
• Experience working on a large scale, 3D title (PC/Console) is preferred
• Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments
• Nextgen game engine experience - Unreal, Unity, etc
• Clean topology modeling methods and strong attention to detail
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Solid foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc
• Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment
• Ability to visualize and conceptualize props
• Attention to development pipelines and target milestones
• Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roeb56-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.