Overview & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a hands-on VOD Manager to manage a robust and growing portfolio of Sports related VOD content. This role will be dedicated to managing the daily VOD processing, publishing and packaging of schedules for the ViacomCBS portfolio such as UEFA (Men's, Women's, Youth), National Women's Soccer League, World Series of Poker. The Manager will be responsible for managing a staff of VOD Video Operators, trafficking files and assets from live streaming events, internal partners (e.g. CBS Sports HQ) and external vendors. Must schedule resources for ingesting, formatting, publishing, and preparing packages for SVOD services. The manager must be able to work one weekend day to cover the majority of the weekly events
• Provide hands-on leadership by communicating/setting job expectations to VOD Operator staff Planning, monitoring, measuring & enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and SLAs Absorb remaining processes that are transitioned from the previous shifts, including identifying at-risk assets for delivery and/or reprioritizing work orders
• Liaise with internal partners to identify expectations for VOD asset deliverables
• Maintain VOD requirements and SLAs for each league (e.g. advertising, , sponsorship requirements, promotional elements.), and ensure successful implementation and execution to production and publishing teams
• Lead efforts on planning and training as needed for Video Operator staff Act as primary escalation contact for technical support; facilitating VOD corrections, resolving priority conflicts, VOD encoding/transcoding and publishing issues when they arise!
• Collaborate with cross-functional technical partners to develop and improve distribution workflows to drive efficiencies both internally and for external partners
• Identify and/or validate continuous improvement opportunities
• Participate in the management of key ViacomCBS tentpole events such as GRAMMYs, ACM Awards, and Tony Awards that require advanced team planning and day-of event support!
• Contribute to executive projects and ad hoc requests
• Partner with News and Sports divisions for cross-promotional marketing across our digital properties
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or 4+ years training & experience in Post Production engineering
• 4+ years of experience working with Apple OSX or Microsoft Windows based computers systems in a production environment
• 4+ years of experience working with video editing, composing and production applications and production workflows
• Well versed in video codecs, compression, file format standards and video transformation
• Understands TV Mastering including frame rate conversion, Inverse Telecine, standard broadcast video and audio requirements including The Calm Act and CC & SAP requirements
• Enthusiastic and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
• Able to communicate technical information effectively - both written and verbally
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment
• Must be efficient, well organized, detailed oriented and have good follow through skills
• Ability to work on multiple open items simultaneously
• Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88xyq-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.