Manager, Content Operations, Media Assets
West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
We're seeking a Spanish Language Quality Control Specialist I to join the Pluto TV Content
Operations team in West Hollywood, CA. The Spanish Language Quality Control Specialist will be responsible for the ensuring all content meets Pluto TV's proprietary specifications; overseeing the upload and transcode of such assets into our CMS. The appropriate candidate must effectively demonstrate technical proficiency in working with various video, audio and captioning formats which support online media distribution. In this role, success is fostered by an ability to manage tools, resources and time in order to evaluate and process media inalignment with programming and distribution priorities.
This position is part of an ever-growing team and the candidate should be able to work bothindependently and within an interdisciplinary group. The candidate accepts that priorities can changerapidly and is able to shift operational focus without stress or resistance.
• Support Pluto TV's Spanish language content initiatives
• Transcoding digital video files using proprietary systems
• Working with ProRes, H.264 (HQ), MPEG and M3U8 media codecs
• QC of HD & SD video
• Accurately upload, ingest and QC content and metadata
• Communicating QC rejections and production blockers with extreme detail
• Read and manipulate JSON files
• Grasp knowledge of our closed caption compliance standards and apply that knowledge during the QC process for all content
• Facilitate fixes to closed caption files
• Provide regular status reports on technical challenges during team meetings to coordinators /management
• Using available tools and resources to track progress of work within shared departmental systems
• Perform playback QC's using various proprietary programs
• View media and identify any defects (digital hits, macro blocking, interlacing, etc...), continuity issues or incomplete content found during testing.
• Listen to media and identify any audio dropouts, pops, distortions, etc.
• Check artwork and metadata to ensure technical correctness/ meets Pluto TV's standards
• Ability to shift focus at any given moment and adjust accordingly
• Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written
• Bilingual - Spanish and English
• 1-2 years' experience in a professional setting for new media, audio, video and/or interactiveconsumer entertainment products, preferably in a video delivery environment
• Experience in non-linear editing systems (FCP, Avid, Premiere)
• Knowledge of standard metadata requirements
• BA degree in TV/Film production or related field preferred
• Experience with Atlassian Suite - Kanban/JIRA
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical and operational problems
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a team setting
• Ability to multitask, coordinate and prioritize work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Self-organized and self-motivated
• Proficient working on both Mac and PC platforms
• Strong knowledge of administrative software applications: MS Office Applications, (i.e., MS Word,
• MS Outlook, MS Excel; Google Drive; MAM; CMS
• Ability to read JSON files/feeds/searches
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.