Content Strategist, Shorts
Los Angeles, CA
The Product Manager, Ad Formats will drive the product efforts for Revenue Product, with particular focus on Ad Formats, to ensure the highest, sustained monetization of any platform in the free, ad-supported TV space. In particular, this person will develop innovative ad capabilities enabling advertisers to reach their audiences across Pluto TV's footprint. This Product Manager will also work with our sales partners to understand market needs in order to build products that ultimately drive revenue while building long-term value for our users.
- Cross-Functional Team Relationship: Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Revenue Product/Program/Engineering teams, the critical non-Revenue teams (Native Apps, WebTech, Data Engineering), as well as Ad Operations, Revenue/Sales Leadership, and Monetization
- Product Requirements: Finalize product initiatives with a completed Charter that includes a clear definition of goals, risks / dependencies / assumptions, overall approach, requirements with acceptance criteria, and includes a solution design (defined by an architect/engineer) that meets the requirements. Proficiently run significant product initiatives from conception through development to post-deployment.
- Product Planning: Define and lead the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for Ad Formats and ensure their prioritization on the all-up Revenue Product Roadmap. This is inclusive of defining and leading success metrics.
- Outreach and relationships with key partners: Develop an ongoing relationship with partners that are integral in driving Pluto's ad format goals. This pertains to partners that are currently integrated as well as evaluating new solutions. e.g. build vs. buy - Operational QA/Troubleshooting: Become proficient in triaging ad format-related issues. Demonstrate the ability to drive to resolution with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting when possible, and help communicate status/results to partners.
- Ad Formats Subject Matter Expert (SME): Become the subject matter expert on Ad Formats, deep understanding of the competition, available technologies and drive forth the unique value proposition to Pluto's business. Become familiar with the evolving privacy and data collection laws and plan for future disruptions. Develop and gain approval for metrics related to our Ad Formats program.
- Team Effectiveness: Become a strong, contributing member of the team through product ideation discussions, alignment to the operational cadence, helping others succeed, and improvements to how we operate.
- Business Knowledge: Develop a solid understanding of how the business operates and how it is performing both currently and historically.
- 3+ years of commercial product management Experience, particularly with Demonstrated leadership in the management of a product (or portfolio of products) through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization
- Experience with digital advertising, preferably in TV or streaming video
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (web technologies, native Mobile and CTV applications)
- Adept at tailoring communications depending on the circumstances, whether the audience is technical, non-technical, or executive
- intellectual curiosity and Passion for identifying key problems that are faced by the business, by the market and by Current technologies
- track record of results when working collaboratively and Being dependent on others
- Comfort analyzing data to identify trends, diagnose problems, and to find solutions
- TV, video and/or Digital Media experience
- Understanding of ad-supported video on-demand and/or video streaming technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and confirmed ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting at all levels of an organization
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5km10-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.