Accounts Director, Digital Distribution
Los Angeles, CA
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Paramount company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Paramount creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries. For more information on Paramount and its businesses, visit www.paramount.com. Keep up with Paramount news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/Paramount), Facebook (facebook.com/Paramount) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/Paramount).
At PlutoTV and Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Content Strategy to join our Global Content Strategy & Partnerships team. This role will support both Pluto TV and other critical initiatives for the broader Paramount streaming organization. This Manager will play an integral role in supporting our efforts to more effectively analyze, evaluate, and grow our content portfolio.
• Content Evaluation: You will support deal and content analysis, licensing/acquisitions evaluation and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Content Partnerships and Programming teams; you will be responsible for providing practical strategic recommendations based on your analyses. You will also build and compile thoughtful channel/content post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
• Data Analysis: You will work cross-functionally with programming, marketing, business intelligence, partnerships, and distribution, to gather data points that deepen our analyses and help develop a more comprehensive view of content performance. You will own and manage data analyses, including delivering results and useful insights.
• Financial Analysis: You will collaborate directly with the FP&A, corporate development, and other partners to develop new business models, enhance existing models, build forecasts, and present recommendations based on findings.
• Business Planning: You will generate recurring financial and KPI forecasts for strategic partners based on context, analyze progress toward KPI targets, and make recommendations to senior and executive leadership on meeting or exceeding targets based on the Operating Plan. You will monitor key platform trends and health metrics and support with business analysis.
• Research & Analysis: You will develop a deep understanding and identify market trends, competitive threats and opportunities, develop research reports, competitive insights and frequent business analyses to support business reviews and other special projects.
• Deal Support: You will support the Partnerships and Programming Teams with deal and partner evaluations, which may include weekly and monthly insights reports, quarterly or annual business reviews, ad hoc analyses, or special projects requested by senior leadership.
• Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
• 4+ years of professional experience within management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, corporate development, or strategy role; media & entertainment experience preferred
• Experience in content partnerships and/or acquisition a strong plus
• Data-fluency: strong analytical skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Advanced financial modeling skills and proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis tools
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Superb problem solving abilities; ability and experience working with ambiguity
• Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams including Finance, Distribution, Partnerships, Programming, Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights and Business Intelligence teams
• Passion and familiarity with the entertainment industry dynamics
• A solid understanding of the streaming landscape and business models
• The ability to carry out duties with minimal supervision; a self-starter
• Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics; candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and flexible
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
Hiring Salary Range: $110,000.00 - 120,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp15b-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.