Full Time Job
Manager, Content Operations, Media Assets
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Overview and Responsibilities
Pluto TV is seeking a Manager, Media Assets to join our Content Operations team. This position will be responsible for providing governance over our Media Asset Management system, related standards and procedures that will be used by our teams globally.
This role will support the upcoming launch of a new asset management system at Pluto TV and will advance the department's vision in how we use MAM to facilitate operational excellence.
You will represent the team in defining new systems requirements and working with our Content Systems Product team to bring them into production. Being Pluto TV's MAM subject matter expert, core responsibilities also include definition of file taxonomies, metadata structure, file hierarchy, reporting and archival polices allowing Pluto's content supply chain to scale at a global level.
The ability to articulate our vision and work with partners ranging from Product teams to senior leadership to drive results is assumed. A background rooted in media supply chains and a strong technical acuman are critical attributes that will drive success.
• Serve as the organizations Subject Matter Expert as it pertains to asset management. Define Operational Procedures for MAM system usage and provide training to Pluto TV regional Content Operations teams
• Represent the Pluto TV Content Operations teams globally in defining requirements for MAM system improvements and submitting them to our Content Systems Product team for roadmap realization
• Provide Administrative Management of Pluto TV's MAM system in handling user account requests and profile levels
• Optimize the media asset lifecycle and archival policies for maximum efficiency
• Provide regular reporting and analytics related to MAM system usage and media that is under management
• Drive ongoing improvement of Pluto TV MAM operational feature sets. Be in tune with the evolution of MAM best practices within the media industry and how they can be applied to our business
• Manage issue and bug tracking related to the MAM system and work with Content Systems on their successful resolution
• Facilitate media access requests for key partners within the Pluto TV Creative and Marketing teams
• Facilitate MAM solutions that result in improved quality, stability and efficiency in Pluto TV's media supply chain
• 5+ years of experience working in content supply chain or media asset management
• Experience in administrating a Media Asset Management system
• Knowledge of common digital asset formats – Video, Audio, Captions, Images & Metadata
• Experience in developing and managing file systems taxonomies
• Experience with various media UUID systems such as EIDR and TMS ID's
• Experience in using Atlassian Products, Confluence and JIRA
• Experience in the direct QC of media assets, common standards and QC toolsets
• Direct experience in authoring procedural guides and training materials
• Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry, Post-Production, Linear Networks or Streaming Service
• Clear understanding of content security protocols as they pertain to media management and access
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k561-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.