Manager, Distribution Partner Marketing
West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director of Distribution Product Management partners with the Distribution business development organization to set the Pluto product direction for distribution partners. Our distribution partners include Connected TV and mobile ecosystem partners such as Amazon, Comcast, Google, Sony PlayStation, and Samsung.
As our distribution relationships are critical to the success of Pluto, this role plays an important role in helping grow and engage the Pluto community using partner platforms. This product executive will lead a team of Distribution Product Managers that work closely with the business development and development teams to establish and execute on partner product strategy.
This role will report to the VP Product Management, Distribution, International & Platforms.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Setting the quarterly distribution objectives across all development teams.
• Handling incoming distribution initiatives, such as new platform launches, major product iterations, international expansions, complex cross-team initiatives, and major, high-visibility company priorities.
• Communicating constantly with key Pluto Distribution and Development stakeholders to keep them informed of any changes to the roadmap.
• Being involved in distribution partnership deals from initial discovery calls through deal negotiation.
• Acting as servant-leader to a team of hardworking Distribution product managers. Supporting your team during their day-to-day jobs and their growth as product leaders.
• Playing a hybrid role of Product Management, Program Management, and Portfolio Management, as they lead all aspects of viewer and distribution initiatives across multiple teams. They will also be responsible for ensuring that all internal parties are engaged in delivering on International Initiatives, such as Revenue, Data Engineering, Platform Product Managers, Video Engineering, Architecture, Content Systems, Content Programming, etc.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least 10 years of experience in software product/program management in a fast-growing software product organization. Experience with streaming technologies is highly desirable. Mobile & Connected TV experience is a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with key mobile & streaming device platform owners.
• Adept working with software development teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with validated experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Experience balancing expectations, driving partner reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
• Leadership experience hiring, leading, and developing a team of product managers in a fast growing software development environment.
• Proven understanding of data, and ability to communicate with others proficient in the language of data.
• Experience using data to drive important business decisions.
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.