Aliso Viejo, CA
Do you want to work at a company where customers have a real excitement for the products you help build? PlayStation is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Virtual Machine Strategy Manager to join our team. We're looking for someone to help build the virtual machine aspects of our cloud gaming network. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of business, technology and operations aspects of providing virtual machines as a cloud computing service.
• Partnering with internal stakeholders to plan the design, deployment and operation of a VM service
• Providing guidance regarding customers and workloads ideal for targeting with a VM service, including future trends and evolution of the marketplace
• Using knowledge of VM service costs such as data center costs, hardware and software costs, and VM monetization strategies to build financial models
• Summarizing highly complex model assumptions regarding the VM service and output into presentations for senior management and executives.
• Being a liaison between technology partners and business units involved in the VM service, in order to create a holistic view of complex challenges
• 8- 12 years experience working in related fields
• Deep knowledge of Excel and can build extensive complex models
• Understanding of hardware considerations and constraints for VM services
• Understanding of business models for virtual machine services – keys to profitability, cost drivers, likely changes in response to technological evolution or further maturation of the marketplace
• Experience in multiple aspects of VM cloud computing services is a must; BD, sales or finance with deep involvement in VM aspects of a major cloud organization, or management consulting in the specific area of VM services
• Knowledge and understanding of cloud software infrastructure (operating systems, networking, management) as they related to VM services
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.