San Mateo, CA
V, Total Rewards
San Mateo, CA
We're looking for an experienced and proven leader to join PlayStation as our VP of Total Rewards. Reporting to our Global head of HR, you will drive PlayStation's success by bringing your compensation and benefits expertise to PlayStation's leadership team. In this position, the proper candidate will be asked to utilize and combine their knowledge and experience of cutting-edge compensation and benefits philosophies with a strong intuition for business, firm understanding of PlayStation's culture, product and business priorities in order to design next generation Total Rewards programs to attract and retain the best talent globally. As a leader with vision, we'll look to you to balance principles and pragmatism, steer through rapid change, and get hands-on when needed to drive positive change throughout the company.
• Lead Compensation function to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives that competitively position PlayStation in the attraction and retention of talent and are aligned with the strategy, priorities, business model and culture.
• This role works collaboratively with the SVP of HR, senior leaders, Finance, Legal, and external partners to design and deliver on appropriate compensation programs including broad-based and executive compensation programs as well as regional sales compensation strategies.
• Create and drive strategy that supports a diverse workforce of top talent to help achieve growth strategies.
• Architect and execute a competitive, end-to-end Total Rewards strategy that aligns with PlayStation's overall talent agenda
• Leverage knowledge of market conditions and competitive talent landscape to design tailored strategies for compensation concerning key talent segments
• Review the mix of benefits offered to employees and assess their effectiveness; make recommendations to vary offerings based on current best practices, cost, and utility of benefits to employees
• Manage and oversee the design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and reporting of executive and equity compensation programs and initiatives
• Direct studies and analyses for business unit or general management, and engage resources such as external consultants, as needed, to inform the resolution of compensation-related questions and issues
• Evaluate employee recognition approaches based on best practices and employee engagement objectives; recommend enhancements and partner with other People leaders in support of an integrated talent agenda, particularly with respect to recruiting, learning and development, performance management, compensation, and recognition
• Confer with legal team and/or outside counsel on legal aspects of plan design, administration, or contested cases. Support timely and accurate drafting and submission of legally mandated reports (summary plan descriptions, Form 5500's, etc.)
• Collaborate with benefits providers on renewals or service bids, utilization experience, cost management, and plan design options; review vendors' performance and recommend changes to management
• Plan acquisition and use of resources, tools, platforms and technology solutions for market pricing, compensation offer development, process management and communications
• Report to senior HR Leadership Team on the team's production, activities, and efforts; plan and manage the team's budget
• Represent the team as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams
• Coach and develop direct reports and instill a culture of ongoing development for all employees on Total
• 10+ years' experience in Compensation and Benefits, including Equity design, Sales Compensation, and Executive Compensation in a global environment.
• Demonstrated ability of leading through change by being a hands-on, forward thinking leader
• Confirmed ability to build and successfully implement Compensation, Total Rewards strategies
• Track record of effectively partnering with internal senior leaders and executive team
• Created and managed innovative, compelling Compensation, Equity and Total Rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities
• Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations
• Proven track record of supervising, prioritizing and driving to success multiple projects with a strong operational background
• You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind total rewards
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vyk9-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.