London, United Kingdom
Working with the VAT accountant with shared responsibility for statutory VAT and statistical reporting in an allocated range of countries* while minimising the potential VAT exposure in line with SOX processes.
What you'll be doing:
• Analyse and understanding the reporting requirements, formats and meeting deadlines in each allocated jurisdiction and working consistently to meet requirements
• Based upon procedures, extracting data from the system, producing the necessary VAT reporting data and undertaking detailed analysis and appropriate quality control checks
• Completion of returns for review by VAT Director
• Ongoing critical appraisal of the compliance process and implementation of new controls or procedures
• Ongoing updating of procedure manuals
*Compliance obligations for B2B and B2C in UK, EU27, NO, CH, TR, AU, NZ, IS, IN, RU, UA, SA, OM, AE, BH, ZA
Assist VAT director with the response by Sony to VAT audits and inquiries and the preparation of voluntary disclosures and appeals as necessary
Operate as a resource for the VAT director as appropriate to assist in:
• Analysis, research and provision of effective VAT advice to colleagues in the business on VAT implications for business flows, structuring and other issues as required, including systems implications
• identifying and implementing efficiencies in the system to minimise VAT/compliance costs to Sony
• delivering training to business divisions with the VAT accountant
• internal audits including of subsidiary companies and document retention with the VAT accountant
Act as knowledge resource for, and manage the implementation of, e-reporting and e-invoicing requirements, including but not limited to ViDA, as and when they arise, working with SAP team to ensure compliant implementation under the supervision of the VAT director. Identification and implementation of potential global solution.
Identify, test and implement efficiencies in the system to minimise VAT costs, compliance and exposure to Sony. Provide testing support to new projects in SAP.
Assist and cover for the VAT accountant as and when necessary in areas such as VAT return clearing, journals, account reconciliation and SOX.
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable practical experience of working with SAP including design and a general appreciation of SAP technical structures and configuration
• Proven experience of dealing with and resolving VAT issues, preferably in the UK and EU
• Accounting skills
• Previous experience of working across a European business
• Expertise in VAT compliance
• Experience of SAP ERP System
• Excellent English language (written and spoken) and proven ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent excel skills
• VAT qualification would be advantageous
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Hybrid Working (Flexmodes)
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyopk-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.